Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Do You Know What Today Is?


Not long ago was a time when I would get obnoxiously excited about my approaching birthday. And I mean obnoxiously excited.  I would talk about it for several days leading up to it.  I would make my way around the office at work, skipping and singing “Happy Birthday to Me.”  Seriously, I did. 

But somewhere along the way, the excitement waned.  Not sure how or when it happened.  Was it when I hit my thirties?  Was it when my daughter was born?  At some point, I grew up.  I realized everything isn’t only about me anymore.

And so, while I had planned on waiting before publicizing my blog, I thought now is as good a time as any to launch it, in the interest of give something back. I would like to invite you to follow my blog and see where the journey takes us. Sign up to follow my blog, share it on Facebook, Tweet it, and leave a comment, and you will be entered into a drawing to win an exercise video – Cathe Friedrich’s Travel Fit workout.



As stated on Cathe’s website, Travel Fit is a 51 minute low impact cardio and total body stretch band workout designed to keep you fit anytime you are on the road or just wanting to enjoy a workout that doesn’t require a lot of equipment. If you think this workout is easy, think again. The only easy thing about Travel Fit is the fact that you only need a resistance band to do it. This workout incorporates challenging and effective isolation exercises, along with compound exercises, and brief cardio bursts, to maximize your muscle toning and fat burning benefits. Travel Fit is a total body conditioning workout and even includes Abs.

Entries for the contest will be taken until Friday, May 14th.  Please check back to see if you are a winner.  Thank you for your interest and thank you for visiting my blog, I hope you enjoy what you see and stick around.  As for me, today I will be celebrating my birthday with my wonderful husband and darling little girl. My birthday present to myself, you guessed it an exercise DVD. What can I say, old habits, die hard. After all, I am a vidiot.*

*term coined at Video Fitness to refer to an exercise video aficionado.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you! It was a great day!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! I just found your blog via a comment you left over at The Fitness Freak. :-) Facebooked your blog - hope it gets you more readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melonie! Good luck in the giveaway. I am truly enjoying sharing my fitness passion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also new to blogging thanks to Lindsey's blog introducing me to Blogger. It is addicting!!! LOL
    Best of luck with it.
    and belated Happy Birthday.
    My blog started on Mother's Day which is my anniversary for making exercise a part of my lifestyle.
    I started with a focus on my *never ending plateau* but really its focus is why I continue to exercise regularly in spite of not having the #1 result of weightloss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barb,

    Thanks for the well wishes. Congrats on your Mother's Day/fitness anniversay. I would love to check out your blog. Come back and post a link. Happy blogging and happy exercising!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday Maria!! Glad you had a nice day.

    Awesome giveaway!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Nicole for the belated birthday wishes. I am doing the giveaway because I want to share with others the gift of fitness and who taught us better than Cathe!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete