Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

A little more about me...

So, in my first post I gave you a little information about me. Since the main focus of this blog will be about fitness, I thought I would give you a little information about my fitness history. As I said, I wasn't physically active my entire life. I wasn't involved in any sports in high school or college. I never worried about what I ate. I was one of those people "blessed" with good genetics.

Well, fast forward a few years, and the lack of exercise and poor nutrition caught up with me.  I found myself in a music and video store perusing the sports and fitness section. I bought my first workout video. Well, one thing led to another and I bought another and another. In early 2000, I found a website Video Fitness (reader beware) and my workout library grew exponentially.

I had developed a consistent workout routine which amounted to about forty-five minutes to an hour in the morning, six days a week. I dabbled here and there at the gym but nothing compared to being able to exercise in the comfort of your own home. I had developed such a love for fitness, in 2004, I sat for my ACE personal trainer license (that has since expired - but I plan to re-sit for it in the near future).

In 2004, my husband and I decided it was time to start a family but we hit a roadblock. Three years into the infertility process, I decided I would sit again to renew my PT license - when I found out HOORAY! I WAS PREGNANT! While I remained active for the first five months of the pregnancy, I didn't fare as well during the second half due to back problems the pregnancy was causing.  After gaining nearly 40 pounds during the pregnancy, on February 8, 2008 I gave birth to my daughter.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is so good to know that you were a personal trainer and i know you will get back on that wagon. Now when you were a trainer did you get to work with anyone to get the full feel for being a trainer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jasmine,

    I sat for my PT license to increase my understanding of fitness and because I truly enjoyed learning as much as I could. I hope to sit again for my license and this time actively pursue training clients.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete